Any person, firm or corporation regularly and generally engaged in the business of abstracting, certifying, guaranteeing or insuring title to real property in the State of Arkansas is eligible to apply for Active Membership in the Association if such person, firm or corporation:
• has been actively engaged in the operation of an Abstract/Title Company for a continuous period of five (5)
years prior to application for membership;
• possesses the qualifications of experience in such business;
• has a satisfactory record of efficient operations;
• has a management comprised of skilled and experienced personnel of sound character;
• has financial responsibility;
• is licensed under the laws of the State of Arkansas to make abstracts of title or issue title policies; and
• has subscribed to the principles of the Code of Ethics of the Association, as amended or interpreted
from time to time.
All persons, firms or corporations, or their representatives, not otherwise qualified to be accepted for active membership, who are engaged in the real estate or mortgage investment business, or in guaranteeing titles or title insurance, or who are engaged in business related to or affected by land titles in the State of Arkansas are eligible to become Associate Members provided all requirements of membership are met.
• The individual, or in the case of a corporation, its officers and representatives, must have a good moral
character, a reputation for fair dealing, a financial responsibility consistent with the extent of
• After five (5) continuous years of Associate Membership, an Associate Member who is licensed under
the laws of the State of Arkansas to make abstracts of title or issue title policies shall be
automatically converted to an Active Member, provided the requirements for Active Membership
as stipulated in the Association Bylaws have been met.
• An Associate Member shall have no vote and may not serve on the Board of Directors or as an officer.
Legal Members are limited to duly licensed attorneys at law in the State of Arkansas. Legal Members have no vote and cannot serve on the Board of Directors or as an officer.
Underwriter Members are limited to those corporations authorized to conduct title insurance business as underwriters in Arkansas and actively engaged therein. An Underwriter Member shall have no vote, may not serve as an officer of the Association, but may be elected to a nonvoting position on the Board of Directors.
Commercial Vendor Members
All persons, firms or corporations, or their representatives who are engaged in the business of selling software or other goods or services to title companies or abstract companies are eligible to become Commercial Vendor Members.
• Commercial Vendor Membership dues include exhibition space at the Association’s Annual Convention. Arkansas Land Title Association Membership Classes